Therapy for Anxiety
Is anxiety keeping you from being your best self? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you tried unhealthy, ineffective ways to cope?
If this sounds like you, therapy may be an effective form of treatment to get the relief from anxiety that you are seeking. Therapy alone is sufficient to foster lasting reduction in anxiety for many. In some cases, medication coupled with therapy is the most effective treatment approach. If you decide that medication may be right for you, we will partner to find a healthcare provider to assist you with exploring that option.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, look at situations in a new way, and develop better coping mechanisms and lean into peace.
If you believe you need help to manage your anxiety, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.